So, as 2017 is rapidly approaching, I’m thinking of all the typical resolutions that most of us make but few of us keep. Losing weight, exercising, etceteros, etceteros (which, I learned recently, is a rare form of etc., aka etcetera). Perhaps I should add learning rare forms of everyday language to my 2017 agenda?
As I was saying…these typical resolutions that we say we are committing to are really just self sabotaging empty promises that leave us feeling like crap. Which is why I rarely make a resolution, or at least I don’t make one out loud. I always have them running rampant through my mind and they always start out with, “This year imma dot dot dot.” I never use proper grammar in my head, it’s a thing. Whatever.
I would rather set up resolutions like bucket list type items, things I’d like to do and if I get around to them, great! If I don’t, oh well, there’s always next year. I am a mess. I have very little expectation so I’m not disappointed.
Here is my resolution-ary bucket list for 2017…
Ahem, “This year imma dot dot dot.”
- Try new recipes, more often
- Create things
- Blog more
- Redo a piece of furniture that I get for free or cheap and resell
- Work on convincing arguments to why my husband should turn his shed over to me so I can have a she-shed
- Write more poetry (this is such a lost art to me)
- Get rich (why not? If I succeed, great, right?)
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Do something completely different that requires a risk (a small risk, but risk all the same)
- Do YouTube videos on something…I have ideas!
There are many, MANY more…but this is a good start.
What are your plans for 2017?